In 1983, Yates, McLamb & Weyher, L.L.P. was founded by a small group of experienced defense trial attorneys. They shared a vision for a new firm built exclusively on civil defense litigation and appellate work.
Together, they built a firm characterized by legal expertise and skill, tenacity in defense of their clients’ interests, and civility and professionalism in the practice of law. In the 30 years since, the firm has grown to 30 attorneys and more than 30 support staff; however, our focus has never changed.
The attorneys at YMW have received numerous individual accolades, including recognition in:
- The Best Lawyers in America
- North Carolina Super Lawyers
- Business North Carolina’s Legal Elite
In addition, attorneys have been selected to:
- The American College of Trial Lawyers
- The International Society of Barristers
- The International Association of Trial Lawyers
- The American Board of Trial Advocates
- The American Inns of Court
- The Litigation Counsel of America
More important than any of these recognitions, however, is the trust our clients place in us to always put their interests first and to protect their livelihoods and reputations. We devote all of our efforts to earning and maintaining that trust.