A professional’s license is the key to that person’s livelihood. When licensure is threatened by a complaint to a licensing board or by a board investigation, skilled and knowledgeable representation can make the difference between keeping your license or losing it.
When incidents from the past threaten an applicant’s ability to obtain a professional license, an advocate experienced in board procedures can help to overcome those obstacles. Our attorneys understand how to assist their clients in presenting the best arguments for entering their chosen professions.
The firm has represented professional clients before many of North Carolina’s licensing bodies. Our lawyers have appeared before the following:
- North Carolina Board of Examiners for Engineers and Surveyors
- North Carolina Board of General Contractors
- North Carolina Board of Licensed Professional Counselors
- North Carolina Board of Nursing
- North Carolina Board of Pharmacy
- North Carolina Board of Realtors
- North Carolina Medical Board
- North Carolina Psychology Board
- North Carolina Social Work Certification and Licensing Board
- North Carolina State of Board of Dental Examiners
Our services for licensees have included assisting with inquiries about licensure applications, responding to complaints, negotiating the consequences of DWI and other criminal charges, defending violations and negotiating settlements. If a compromise cannot be reached, we have the courtroom experience necessary to zealously argue our client’s case at a hearing.
The firm is committed to serving the education community in North Carolina. Our attorneys provide general representation in administrative matters, internal disciplinary board hearing and procedures involving students and faculty, and defending claims made against local school boards, colleges, universities, or others within the education community.